Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Preparing to Move

I felt the need to blog tonight. Probably because I have an early morning so of course I should procrastinate going to bed, and sit around and write words few will read, if any.

I wanted to blog about how it's only a few more weeks until Nate and I move into our own place. Only a few more weeks and this preggo lady can go crazy nesting, an urge I have had for weeks. I'm getting so excited. It's just a little one bedroom apartment, but it's all we need. We don't need big or fancy, just a roof and four walls.

We really won't be able to decorate much, because we can't put holes in the walls, and obviously we can't paint. But dad-gummit, Pintrest has my creative//decorative side fully on and rarin' to go. I've never really had a place to decorate before and I want to so badly be able to paint, and coordinate colours, and wall art and all that good stuff. Oh well, some day I will have a place to decorate. Until then I'll just have to get by  pinning all the cute ideas for later.

Nate and I went to Goodwill today and got dishes and stuff for our new place. It was kind of fun to look for stuff that wouldn't totally clash, but was functional and in decent condition. We got some pretty good stuffs. Plates, bowls, cups, silverware, and a few other random things. A laundry hamper and a basket I intend to use for Little Foot's stuff, blankets and such until he gets bigger, then it'll probably transform into a catchall for his toys. Because if it's one thing I don't like, it's a cluttered floor, especially full of toys.

Anyways,  I think I've gotten all my talks out for tonight. I just wanted to blog all about how I'm so excited that we're about to have our own place, and that I'll be able to nest and prepare for our son to come into this world.

2 comments:

  1. This was an excellent post. I support your decision to write this. Can't wait til I can visit you guys and use my new cereal bowl that you got me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! How exciting :) I am happy for you both!!

    ReplyDelete