Thursday, May 10, 2012

36 Week Update

I had a dr's appointment yesterday. Everything looks really good. I got the last test thingy they do, done. No more swabbing for me (insert witty pirate joke here). Little Foot's heart beat is still nice and strong, and when she checked my cervix, she could feel the head which means he is going the right place.
My weight has plateaued at about a 15lbs gain, which is perfectly fine with me. My sugars have been staying in a real good range. My dr even said I'm a model GD patient, so that was really nice ando good motivation to continue on my diet.
Because of the GD, I get a second ultrasound in two weeks so they can measure the baby and make sure he's not gaining to much weight. I know my mom had a 13lbs baby, but I'd like to pass on that experience.
I went to my first La Leche League meeting today. It was really nice to connect with other moms who share some of my values, and knowing that I will have support. There are a couple babies who are around the same ages as Little Foot and I forsee some baby play dates. =]
Nate and I got to tour the hospital today. It was nice to see the facilities, and know exactly where to go when the time comes. They have one of the two level three NICUs in all of Colorado, so should something go wrong, we're in the best place.
All in all we're doing good and slowly getting ready to bring our son into the world.

And of course a current belly shot.

PRAYER REQUESTS:
That the pregnancy continue to go smoothly.
That Nate would feel better. He's been fighting a cough//cold.
Pray for Nate's job situation, some things have arisen, and he's now looking for a second job.
That our relationship will continue to thrive and grow.
Peace for me as my time gets closer.
That my parents would be able to be here when he's born, I know I'll want my mommy.


5 comments:

  1. You have my nephew in your belly. Let him out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so excited for you!! Have you picked a name or is it a secret until he's here??? I wish you a speedy, safe and beautiful delivery in 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to read this update! You look so beautiful!
    All three of you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!!
    Happy Mother's Day!!!
    Love and HUGS!
    Carolyn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGS for another week!
    Hope your Mother's Day was good!
    :-)
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Guess who?! Just me, again!
    Thinking about you and LittleFoot this week!!!
    Won't be long now!!!
    HUGS,
    C. :-)

    ReplyDelete