Thursday, May 24, 2012

38 weeks

Wow! I'm thirty eight weeks pregnant today. It's crazy how time flies. Seems like just a few days ago I peed on a stick to see if I was pregnant or not.

I had an ultrasound and dr's appointment yesterday. They wanted to make sure the baby isn't to big from the GD. He's not. He's in the 54% for his age and weighs about 7lbs.
With me being so far along, it's only a very rough estimate, but he looks real healthy and good. Apparently, he has very nice cheeks cause the ultrasound tech kept talking about them. His heart is good and healthy, and he's still head down.

I'm doing good health and weight gain wise, however my cervix is still all closed up, and I've not had any braxton hicks yet. My dr said if I haven't progressed at all by next week, they want to talk about induction, most likely by stripping my membranes. (not exactly my idea of a good time) Since I want to do it all natural, being induced is not really something I had anticipated. So, this week I forsee lots of walks and other ways to naturally induce labor for myself.

Nate is looking for a new job, and technically  has one, but it's not something he really wants to do, so he's still looking at some other possibilities.

PRAYER REQUESTS:
1. That my cervix will start ripening on it's own.
2. That Little Foot continues to stay healthy.
3. That whatever is God's will in the job situation that it would be clear.
4. For the relationship between Nate and I to continue to grow.


3 comments:

  1. Things can actually progress rather quickly, so even though your cervix is not favorable now it may be next week! If you do not want to be induced before 40 weeks or have your membranes stripped, then you CAN refuse. There is no medical reason to make him come before 38 weeks, so if they want to induce you I would tell them to either wait until 40-41 weeks. Especially since you want a natural birth. Majority of inductions fail and result in unnecessary c-sections. Dr's also tend to push for them more after a slight stall with inductions since they are paid more for a c-section delivery than a vaginal delivery.

    I wish you a speedy labor when the time does come! I'll keep you in my thoughts and I look forward to the next update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I'm glad you are keeping people in the loop bout that kinda stuff babys are exciting! Also glad to hear that Nate has a job, even if it's not necessarily his first choice.

    P.S. I predict I will be seeing you soon...very soon...

    lotsa love, your stalker (kidding this is your cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotten some good advice from your first commenter!

    I continue to pray for all three of you!
    HUGS, C. :-)

    ReplyDelete