Friday, July 19, 2013

Striving to be Healthier

I was overweight when I got pregnant with Liam. Because of the gestational diabetes, I only gained 20lbs and at one week PP, I could put my regular clothes back on. This pregnancy I started 10lbs heavier then the last one (thank you winter weight.) and have gained 24lbs so far. Seeing that number on the scale has definitely motivated me to get more exercise these last six weeks. I don't want to gain more fat, I already have enough. And I know with two smalls in the house it will be even harder to find time to exercise and get good meals.
Yesterday I walked 1.25 miles on the path at the park. Today I walked over 2miles to run a couple errands instead of driving. I'm hoping I can keep up the exercise until Baby Girl comes, even with the heat.

3 comments:

  1. So proud of your motivation to stay healthy for your babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you! I know you can do it! But, please be careful in the heat! Drink lots of water! :-)
    I'm getting so excited about your Baby Girl! Won't be long now and she will be here!
    HUGS, Carolyn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you feeling?
    I continue to pray for you and your baby girl!
    HUGS!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete