Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Story In which I am reminded That Jesus Loves Me

When Nate and I moved into our apartment earlier this year, we needed kitchen stuff, so we bought the basics; cups, plates, silverware, pots and pans, ect. Nate and I both wanted a blender to make fabulously nommy things like smoothies, but we didn't have the money to buy one at the time.

Over the past few months, I've browsed the blender aisle, deciding on what kind I would buy when we had the money. I knew I wanted a glass jar so I could put hot things in it and not worry about it melting or anything. I also knew Oster is a good brand of blender, as that is what my mom had growing up. But, Black & Decker was also an option because they seemed to be sturdy blenders, and slightly cheaper.

A couple weeks ago, I almost bought a blender but ended up not buying one for no particular reason. Then, just two days ago as we were walking into our building, there was a blender on the "free bench" (a place where you can put things if you're giving them away). I told Nate I wanted it, he said it probably didn't work if it was there. I grabbed it anyways, washed it, checked it for leaks, and then plugged it in to see if it worked. And it did! We got a free, glass-jar Oster blender, just like the one I wanted!

It's little things like these that remind me that Jesus loves me.


1 comment:

  1. I love this story! :-) A good reminder to all of us about God's provision, timing, and that the good things in life are often free and show up when you least expect them!!! :-)
    HUGS, C. :-)

    ReplyDelete