Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Eliminate the negative

It's 10pm. Everyone else is sleeping.  I've just ddecided to take a break from FB for awhile. I'm not sure how long yet, but at least a couple of days. I didn't say anything about it on my site, or fully deactivate my account, if I decide it will be a long term thing though, I will. I did post post it on my instagram though, so some people will know.
I'm mainly taking a break because there has been a rather lively discussion on on a picture I posted of me nursing Liam. The funny thing is, I never meant to post the picture on there, because I don't want negative comments. Thankfully a large majority of the people commenting were people defending me and my choices.
Anyway, after all of that drama and a few other things it really caused me to reevaluate FB and how it affects my life and actions. I've decided to work on eliminating the negative, and that starts with people.
On the plus side, not being on FB will probably cause me to blog a lot more, hurray!
Love,
Talia xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but sadly, not surprised when people leave negative comments. :-( I'm sorry you've had to experience this. :-(
    I continue to blog on Wordpress to a very small group of people...people who are truly my friends and are always mature and kind. Even if they disagree about something, they don't attack, they discuss it maturely. I can't open myself up to "the whole world" on any social media site, because I don't need the negative people and comments. And I have very little time to spend on the internet...so I am devoting myself just to blogging on occasion.
    People have become so judgmental on-line and think everyone wants to hear their criticisms. I hate that about our society and I feel for the kids growing up on social media sites...what they will encounter scares me.
    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete